Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Planting Flowers

It is time for planting. I got the majority of my flowers at Lowe's. I had my car packed with the bright colors of little cute flowers and green shrubs.

It was late and getting dark so all we had time to do was just set the plants close to where they were going to end up.

The next day we (me and my friend, Corlene) went to get the mulch and the rest of my flowers. The both of us ended up buying 3 cu. ft Cypress mulch for a total of 21 bags. And if you were wondering, YES, it did all fit in my car. Go HHR! As you can see from the pictures below it was tight fit. No not all 21 bags went to my house I used only 6 bags. The rest went to Corlene's house.

My car still smells of mulch. At least it is a good smell.
The potting soil fell out when I opened up the door.
I am pretending to plant. This is a self portrait, I set the camera on timer.
The blessed trash from the flower bed and the pots the flowers came in.
The shrubs are all planted.
Now the little orange flowers. Don't ask me what they are I can't remember.
These flowers are nice and are supposed to come up every year. The little ones in the front I don't know about. They were not in their pots very well and several of them broke as we were planting them. Time will tell.
And finally, the planter box. I look kinda funny right here I didn't know Corlene was taking my picture at that moment.
Here's how it looks with the mulch. You really can't see the little flowers here because of the wood things. But they should get taller.
There they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment