Friday, January 24, 2014

The List Part 2!

The full list is on the previous post. The B4 4D List. This is the "rest of the story".

21. Go see someone in Concert. 9/2013
For some people this might not be on any list because you go to concerts. I don't. I have not been to a concert since about 1993. So, Sandi Patty came to town on her tour of Broadway songs. I have to say I enjoyed her very much. It is really her. This is as good as I could get from my seat with a cell phone.



22. Take up Crochet 3/2013
While I don't sit all day with the needle and yarn in my hands I did learn to make a pot holder/dish cloth/green square thing. I had to look up on the internet how to crochet LEFT handed and voila!

23. Visit POPS! 7/2013
Pops is a fairly new Oklahoma landmark on Route 66. A 66 foot tall pop bottle. People come from all over to fill up a 6 pack cardboard holder of their favorite pop/soda/coke/carbonated flavored drink. They also have a diner style restaurant inside and you can fill up your gas tank outside. Check out route66.com. I have now been there twice and it was super busy both times.





24. Round Barn 7/2013
I have heard about the Round Barn for long time. It just happens that Pops is just down the highway from it. So, on the same trip I got to visit the Round Barn in Arcadia, OK.





27. Eat at a Great Restaurant.
Don't know if I want to count this one. But anyway the food was good. Wild Country Meats in Hominy, OK. It started out to be just a butcher shop / meat market then a few years ago they added a restaurant. But the cool part is where you sit while you eat. It is none other than a cattle trailer. You can almost hear the moos (not really).



The inside of the restaurant is the cattle trailer.


Here is my plate. Yum!


This is my Dad's plate! I think he was eating for awhile.

29. Buy a cake from Carlo's Bakery in NJ 11/2013
Carlo's Bakery is the site of the television reality show Cake Boss. I really like that show so I decided to order a cake from them. At this time the only cake I could order that they would ship is their famous Crumb Cake.






Yes, I did share.


30. Go to a Drive in Movie 11/2013
I went to the Admiral Twin in Tulsa. This was the second season after a devastating fire a couple of years ago. I was Thor 2 and Iron Man 3. This was the best picture I got.

That is me in this one. I had to look hard to see me. Hint, I am in the foreground.

33. Drive through the Tallgrass Prairie on Pawhuska OK. 8/2013
My mother was born in Pawhuska and we have had family there and my mother and I go antiquing there but have never gone into the Tallgrass Prairie. So, I put it on the list. I am really glad I did. The day we chose to go was beautiful and the buffalo that live on the reserve were so close to the road!





I held my camera over my head for this shot the grass is really tall. It's not the Tallgrass Prairie for no reason.

36. Visit a Planetarium 8/2013


37. Take a picture for each letter of the alphabet. 5/2013
I didn't know at first how I was going to do this as there are several options. Each year I take my Grandmother around to several cemeteries for Memorial Day to lay flowers at the graves of relatives. There are many different styles of lettering on the headstones. When I saw them I knew I would take a picture of every letter of the alphabet in a different style from the headstones of the cemeteries we visited.
If you are wondering the background is V.

So, now we are down to the celebration of the 40th year. I wanted a 1940s style 40th complete with Big Band music, Swing Dancing and everybody in 40s style clothes. I had so much fun and so did all the other characters that were there.

38. Celebrate 40! 12/2013

The venue for the party was the Tulsa VFW Post 577.


I got my hair done by a friend of mine. She did a great job. I really liked my hair. It is normally really curly and fuzzy.

These dancers are from Ballroom Revolution in Broken Arrow, Ok. They danced a couple numbers then got everybody on the dance floor and then taught us how to swing. Slow, Slow, quick, quick!


The decorations were all from the 40s. Here we are with the War Bonds Booth and Victory Posters.

My cake was huge, fit for a 40th I guess. Three layers yellow cake with chocolate fudge in-between the layers and buttercream frosting.



Here is my full look.
A good time was had by all!

I know you have been noticing all the things that were skipped. I still plan on completing the things on the list. Why limit all these things to just one year. Right!?

It was a good 39th year and so far it has been an awesome 40th. To paraphrase a line from a song "I've only just begun…".

No comments:

Post a Comment