Monday, January 19, 2009

Weird Beam and Sheetrocking the Ceiling

There was this wooden beam going across the Living Room and Dining Room. Not knowing why it was there and not knowing if I wanted to keep it there, my dad and I tore it down off the ceiling.But as you can see we found a huge crack in the ceiling. We figured out that it happended when they were building the house. It is not from settling. So great now what do we do. Well, never fear my dad has a plan.Here is some pics of the continental divide.
Here is the way it looks before the sheetrock went up. Wood to fill in space.
Two guys on ladders, one guy on the ground. From left to right these players are John (brother), Dad, David (brother). I don't remember the conversation but something was being mulled over.The breakfast of champions, John is on a Clementine orange kick. And for some reason expensive water.Drywall screws, CHECK!Deadman, UP!Drill, CHECK!


Almost Done. Only two panels to go. Measuring for a tight fit.DONE and resting after a job well done. Believe it or not I did hardly anything on this project. But my work has just begun. Because I am the one who spread the tape and mud over my head not the easiest thing I have ever done. Pics are to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment