Sunday, December 28, 2008







One of the first things I did was to take out the carpet and the came the task of taking up the tack strips that held down the carpet. So here is evidence that I was actually doing the work. My brother John is in the first pic. The ugly floor is actually hardwood but is was not going to be restored to make it look good. I think it would have taken more money to strip it and finish it than to pick carpet which is what I have done.


Next, I tackled the kitchen floor. Previously, there was some sort of stick down tile in 12" x 12" squares. This was a very frustrating thing as it did not come up easily.



I know it looks like there is still some sort of tile down but that is the original linoleum just very dirty. The lighter squares is where I had to go Michaelangelo on it. (with a hammer and chisel).


No comments:

Post a Comment